Hello, I am Jeffery Holmes, founder of Howzoo.com.
I love to create things.
When I was a child, there were no home computers, so I created things like giant holes in the ground, go-kart tracks, paper animations, homemade boomerangs, etc.
I also loved to sing and play music.
My First Computers
Around 1984, I got my first computer which was a Commodore 64. I soon learned I could create computer programs using a language called BASIC. I later dabbled in machine-code programming and assembly language.
I got my first Windows computer in 1997 and spent several years recording music and vocals in my home studio. I learned how to mix and master audio recordings.
The Websites Begin!
Around 2007, I became interested in building websites. I built several websites, but my early attempts were nothing to brag about.
Around 2013, I decided that I wanted to create a Home & Garden blog. I created a small website about homemade detergent that was eventually renamed to Home Hints in 2014.
In 2019 I decided to once again broaden the scope of my website. I changed the name to Howzoo.com. I like to think of it as a “zoo” of how-to information.
What I Want to Write About Today
Here are things I am passionate about:
- Homemade Cleaners – I love to develop homemade cleaners. I have several years of education in chemistry and even had a chemistry set in my room when I was a kid!
- Household Organization – The older I get, the more that clutter drives me crazy.
- Accessible Design – My best friend Amanda is in a wheelchair so accessibility is very important to us.
- Tools and Workshop – I have my own workshop where I tinker with all kinds of electrical and mechanical things.
- Flower Gardening – Amanda has taught me to appreciate flowers and we plan on having a big English garden one day.
How to Contact Me
You can reach me on Twitter @DIYJeff or email at email@example.com.